"IN THE BEGINNING"
1. In the beginning GOD
created the Bit and the Byte. And from those he created the Word.
2. And there were two
Bytes in the Word; and nothing else existed. And God separated the One from the Zero; and he saw
it was good.
3. And God said - Let the Data be; And so it happened. And God said - Let the
Data go to their proper places. And he created floppy disks and hard disks and compact
4. And God said - Let the computers be, so there would be a place to put floppy
disks and hard disks and compact disks. Thus God created computers and called them
5. And there was no Software yet. But God created programs; small and big... And
told them - Go and multiply yourselves and fill all the Memory.
6. And God said -I will
create the Programmer; And the Programmer will make new programs and govern over the computers
and programs and Data.
7. And God created the Programmer; and put him at Data Center; And
God showed the Programmer the Catalog Tree and said You can use all the volumes and subvolumes
but DO NOT USE Windows.
8. And God said - It is not Good for the programmer to be alone.
He took a bone from the Programmer's body and created a creature that would look up at the
Programmer; and admire the Programmer; and love the things the Programmer does; and God called
the creature: the
9. And the Programmer and the User were left under the naked
DOS and it was Good.
10. But Bill was smarter than all the other creatures of God. And
Bill said to the User - Did God really tell you not to run any programs?
11. And the User
answered - God told us that we can use every program and every piece of Data but told us not to
run Windows or we will die.
12. And Bill said to the User - How can you talk about
something you did not even try. The moment you run Windows you will become equal to God. You will
be able to create anything you like by a simple click of your mouse.
13. And the User saw
that the fruits of the Windows were nicer and easier to use. And the User saw that any knowledge
was useless - since Windows could replace it.
14. So the User installed the Windows on his
computer; and said to the Programmers that it was good.
15. And the Programmer immediately
started to look for new drivers. And God asked him - What are you looking for? And the Programmer
answered - I am looking for new drivers because I can not find them in the DOS. And God said -
Who told you need drivers? Did you run Windows? And the Programmer said - It was Bill who told us
16. And God said to Bill - Because of what you did you will be hated by all the
creatures. And the User will always be unhappy with you. And you will always sell
17. And God said to the User - Because of what you did, the Windows will
disappoint you and eat up all your Resources; and you will have to use lousy programs; and you
will always rely on the Programmers help.
18. And God said to the Programmer - Because you
listened to the User you will never be happy. All your programs will have errors and you will
have to fix them and fix them to the end of time.
19. And God threw them out of the Data
Center and locked the door and secured it with a 999-bytes password.
Maybe it isn't funny after all
You'r deep inside fravia's pages of reverse engineering, choose your way out:
Back to cocktail
Is reverse engineering legal?